Frequently Asked Questions
Mya Women’s Center educates, supports, and empowers women facing unplanned pregnancies with compassionate and professional medical care. If you think you may be pregnant or you are considering abortion, we are here to help!
What do I need to bring to an appointment?
Just a photo ID.
Do I need an appointment?
What does it cost?
All services are free and confidential.
If I’m under 18, do I need my parents’ permission?
Because pregnancy testing can often lead to a wide range of follow-up discussions, we encourage all of our clients to talk to a family member or friend that they trust. If you choose, you may bring them to the appointment. However, because of the Sexual Health Reproductive laws in Ohio, we are able to provide pregnancy testing to you without parental consent. We also strive to provide all of our services at the lowest cost possible so that there is no need for services to be billed to you or your guardian’s insurance provider. We pride ourselves in making your health and confidentiality our top priority.
Can I bring someone with me?
We encourage you to bring someone who will support you. Your guest will be able to join you for some parts of your confidential appointment at your request.
What can I expect when I Visit?
- Review the Reproductive Health Screening that you will be receiving, including pregnancy testing and ultrasound.
- Review your health history and answer your medical questions.
- Perform a clinical pregnancy test. If positive,
- Perform an ultrasound exam to confirm pregnancy and determine how far along you are.
- Review all of your pregnancy options, including abortion procedures, risks and side effects.
- Review your customized Personal Resource List and provide any necessary medical, insurance, and community support referrals.
- Schedule another appointment for you to receive your test results in one week.
Do you provide the abortion pill or in-clinic abortions?
Mya Women’s Center does not offer or refer for abortion. We provide medically accurate information about abortion procedures. We provide you with a free limited ultrasound to determine a viable pregnancy and to see how far along in pregnancy you are. This information helps determine the type of abortion procedure available to you.